A joint effort between the pulmonary function testing laboratories of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and the University of Pennsylvania’s Airway Biology Initiative (ABI) allows for comprehensive pulmonary testing from infancy to adulthood.
Services for pediatric ( > 4 years) and adult subjects:
- Thoracic gas volume by plethysmography
- Diffusion limitation to carbon monoxide (DLCO)
- Methacholine challenge
- Maximal inspiratory and expiratory muscle pressure measurements (MIP/MEP)
- Airways resistance measurements by plethysmography
Infant / Toddler testing (< 90 cm length):Ferraris IPL infant pulmonary function testing system
- Raised volume rapid thoracic compression technique / spirometry
- Partial forced flows
- Lung volumes by plethysmography or by nitrogen washout
- Tidal breathing measurements
- Cold air challenge
- Forced Oscillation
- Exhaled Nitric Oxide
- Exhaled breath condensate
- Sputum induction and hemocytometry
Oscar H. Mayer, MD
Maureen De Palma, RRT, RPFT
William Russell, RPFT
You must be an ITMAT member to receive CTSA supported services.
All publications, press releases or other documents citing results from NIH-grant supported
research much acknowledge the NIH grant support.