Welcome to the Commercialization and Entrepreneurship in Translation (CAET)
The Commercialization and Entrepreneurship Program (CAEP) is designed to harness the considerable expertise of the following organizations:
In addition, the Science Center of Philadelphia serves as a source of venture capital and a site of "incubator space" for scientists from all the partners in the CAEP.
- To develop educational modalities, such as use of the ITMAT portal and elective courses within the MTR, and to highlight entrepreneurial opportunities;
- To identify and address the hurdles that obstruct commercialization of discoveries made by clinical and translational research at the institution and to do the same for external collaborators;
- To increase cooperation among institutions to enable the seamless transition for new technology through all steps from concept through commercialization;
- To regionalize these educational and infrastructural initiatives via collaboration with BioAdvance and our strategic industrial partners, such as Siemens, Abbott Diagnostics, Johnson & Johnson, and Pfizer; and to foster research initiatives in innovation by catalyzing research interactions between the Wharton Business School and CTSA investigators.
- To speed business development and process through unique collaborations.