Welcome to the Outcomes Measurement Methods Core (OMMC)
Mission: The mission of the Outcomes Measurement Methods Core Program is to provide investigators, key personnel, and trainees with research collaboration, education, and consultation in the selection and development of measurement tools for translational and clinical research projects.
Goals include helping investigators to:
- Select and develop measurement tools including survey questionnaires, interviews, and other non-laboratory outcome measures for the development, conduct, and analysis of research projects
- Identify existing standardized tools that measure medical, psychological, and behavioral factors
- Adapt existing instruments and create new instruments to meet specific study needs
- Score and interpret measures
- Write grant sections describing measurement tools and data collection procedures
- Assist researchers with related study design issues such as sample size determination
Initial consultations are provided free of charge. Cost recovery is required for follow-up consultations or long-term collaboration.
The OMMC is managed by the Center for Health Behavior Research (CHBR).
For more information please contact CHBRinfo@upenn.edu