Predoctoral Training in Clinical and Translational Science
We are pleased to announce a request for applications from predoctoral Medical, Dental, Veterinary, Nursing, and PhD students at Penn who are interested in pursuing either a certificate or masters in clinical and translational science with funding provided by the Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics (ITMAT).
CTSA TL1 Predoctoral Training Grant
The purpose is to provide formal structured research training for individuals interested in pursuing research careers in T1 Translational Research (testing basic research for clinical effect/applicability; i.e. preclinical, first in human, proof of concept, phase 1) and whose research is focused on the elucidation of mechanistic and therapeutic aspects of disease process. Individuals are supported while they engage in a research project and complete the Master of Science in Translational Research (MTR) degree program or the Certificate Program. Trainees may choose from a range of concentrations: Translational Therapeutics, Bioinformatics, Entrepreneurial Science, and Regulatory Science.
Request for Applications
The application cycle is currently closed and will reopen in September 2017 for appointments beginning in Summer 2018
Positions are open to Penn students pursuing the MD, DMD, VMD, PhD, or MSN.
- Applicants to the TL1 award must be US citizens or have permanent resident status.
- If you have other funding under review or awarded during the application process or up until appointment, please notify us to discuss eligibility.
Medical students should apply in their third year of medical school and are only eligible for the MTR degree. MD students should be in touch with Amy Nothelfer.
Dental students should apply in their second year of dental school. DMD students should first seek guidance from their academic advisor before considering an application.
PhD students should apply after their candidacy examination.
- TL1 appointees will receive $20,500 toward tuition and a $23,376 in stipend (prorated, paid monthly that is provided for year 1 of the program).
- ITMAT Tuition Scholarships may be awarded to MTR students.
Applicants should apply during the fall application cycle.
- Choose the program application found under “Perelman School of Medicine Masters Programs”