University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine: Facts and Figures
- Awards and Accolades August 2023 September 25, 2023 Learn how Penn clinicians and researchers are being honored by their peers.
- Study Finds Wrist Temperature Linked With Future Risk of Disease September 21, 2023 Findings indicate the potential for monitoring disease risk through inexpensive, unintrusive continuous measures of skin temperature.
- Penn Medicine Develops mRNA Vaccine Against Lyme Disease September 19, 2023 An experimental mRNA vaccine provides protection in preclinical animal models against infection from Borrelia burgdorferi, the bacteria that causes Lyme disease. Results suggest that the vaccine prevents the development of Lyme disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Linked to Atopic Dermatitis September 19, 2023 Adults with atopic dermatitis have an increased risk of developing new-onset inflammatory bowel disease compared with individuals who do not have the skin condition, according to a new Penn study.
- Stuart Orkin, MD, awarded Elaine Redding Brinster Prize September 15, 2023 For his work discovering the basis for hemoglobin gene switching and applying those insights to develop a therapy for sickle cell disease and other blood diseases, Stuart Orkin, MD, received the third Elaine Redding Brinster Prize.
Use arrow keys to view news
Use arrow keys to view events
Flashback Foreword: Prognostic Factors in Osteosarcoma.
Maki RG, Schwartz GK Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. 2023 Sep 20;41(27):4321-4322
Policies of US Companies Offering Direct-to-Consumer Laboratory Tests.
Kalokairinou L, Choi R, Wei NY, Wexler A JAMA internal medicine. 2023 Sep 18
Author Correction: SARS-CoV-2 reservoir in post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC).
Proal AD, VanElzakker MB, Aleman S, Bach K, Boribong BP, Buggert M, Cherry S, ... Nature immunology. 2023 Sep 18
Proviral location affects cognate peptide-induced virus production and immune recognition of HIV-1-infected T cell clones.
Dragoni F, Kwaa A, Traut CC, Veenhuis RT, Woldemeskel BA, Camilo-Contreras A, Raymond HE, ... The Journal of clinical investigation. 2023 Sep 12
How Can Palliative Care Help Me?
Warrier G, Gupta A, Sedhom R JAMA internal medicine. 2023 Sep 11
Use arrow keys to view publications